Ashley Olsen for VMan Summer 2009

Ashley Olsen stripped down to strike a few moody poses by Sebastian Faena for the upcoming Summer issue of V MAN, which hits newsstands this Thursday. She chatted with Marc Jacobs about her forthcoming men's collection for The Row, and the two designers also touched on her work ethic and the differences between her and Mary-Kate.






On doing a "celebrity line": "The way I look at it, I had a career as a child. I had a career in an industry in which the media kind of. . . they're obsessed with the young girl thing. But when I turned 18, I moved to New York, and I haven't really done anything to be a celebrity. I've been transitioning from acting as a kid to doing something that I'm choosing for myself — to be a part of the fashion industry. . . the outside perception is very different because you do have celebrity brands, people like Jessica Simpson and Kimora Lee Simmons, and those are celebrity brands because they have their names on them."


On working with Mary-Kate: "The Row is really something that I'm doing while my sister still wants to focus on acting. She's my partner in The Row, but she trusts me with the every day. I mean, I see her like ten times a day."


On being different from her twin sister: "When I was 14, 15, 16, 17, it was harder because the two of us were still very similar. We had to work through what's special about us, and then the media had to work through it. . . I've never been one to engage the media to say that I'm different. I actually did the opposite and I totally went internal. I was like, "See y'all!" I want to be behind the scenes, and I don't want people to know anything about my personal life. I have a job, I take it very seriously, and I work really hard."
(Rox yr Sox @ TFS)

Comments

  1. personally i like the both of them... but The Row, I'm not a fan of. There's nothing that justifies the price tags that come along with it. I like Elizabeth and James way better. I wish they would update that site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She seems a little more down to earth than her sister. I like her.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have Your Say
Comments are moderated first.

Disclaimer

☝︎

Smile Blog does not claim ownership of any image/ content displayed. All articles are the personal opinions of The Smile Blog. Any external image/ content used will be credited accordingly. If you're the owner of the image/ content, and want it to be removed, we will gladly do so or have not credited you properly. Contact us

FTC: Keep in mind that we may receive commissions when you click links and make purchases via affiliate programs we are apart of.

This site uses COOKIES to deliver its services. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. Learn more



Reader's Favourites